Advice for Success
- eLearning reaches out to new students
- It takes away borders
- Allows for a better learning experience
To be sure of success, here are some tips to help out:
- Get Familiar With It!
- Don’t rely too much on I.T. to solve problems
- You can answer questions from students more quickly than acting as a middle man
- Make sure you know how the tools work. You want to always look confident in front of the students.
- Technology makes it easy, but doesn’t eliminate the work!
The Student View
- Wear Their Shoes!
- When you have everything set up, put yourself in the shoes of the student.
- If you are using software such as Moodle or WebEx, you can allow yourself to be the student and to see what they see.
- If it is too complicated for you to find lessons or notes, then it will be too difficult for the student.
- Your Time, Their Time
- Remember that it may take additional time than a traditional class to prepare
- You must be available to students and be quick to respond
- Include time management skills and some sort of schedule
- Understand who the students are and why they might be taking an online course (family, work, etc.)
- Get The Students Involved
- They cannot do in-class activities, but they can still be engaged and get involved
- Be creative and don’t forget about the interaction